Most of us don’t make one big financial decision that makes us a success or failure. Instead, it’s those daily decisions on spending that put us on that path.
This list of financial secrets is a great roadmap…because if you know where you’re going, it’s easier to get there.
1. Build a budget, baby – Be frugal!
2. Borrow less -And pay off college loans ASAP.
3. Pay total credit card bills monthly – Avoid carrying over a balance.
4. Build an emergency day stash – You never know when you need one.
5. Find money to invest – Small amounts add up, so it regularly.
6. Fund an IRA -make the maximum contribution annually.
7. Get your 401(k) employer match – And, do it every year.
8. Buy a place – To live in, not necessarily to build wealth.
9. Choose term insurance if you need life insurance.
10. Get a financial team you trust – Two (or three) heads are better than one.
11. Make a will – You will thank yourself later.
12. Build your net worth – Diversify as you go.
Want to add to this list? Send your suggestions.